Every year people around the world make New Year’s Resolutions. Some we keep aannnddd most we don’t. So why do we keep making them? Because they’re fun! It is nice at times to envision your dreams of the future becoming your reality. However, what isn’t fun is failing miserably. I have a few tips about ways that you can actually turn your dreams into your reality and enjoy the new year while achieving them.
- Plan – Now this may seem obvious to some people and a bit repetitive but this is because it works! (at least for me) Most goals do not work out because it is hard to achieve goals without a plan. Have you ever tried to put something together without reading the directions first . . . ? I have! sometimes it works out and sometimes you create an even bigger mess. I like to make monthly goals as steps to help me reach my annual goals. I have found that for me the best way to keep my plans is by creating short term goals bi-weekly or even weekly to keep you motivated in achieving your monthly goals which will ultimately lead to you achieving your annual goals.
- Stay Active – This may be easier said then done. It was definitely a challenge for me to become active again this past summer when I slowly began to realize that I no longer have the body I once had and that clothes don’t fit the same way anymore. (Insert tears and the consolation prize of a donut) I began my goal to a healthier me by watching workout videos, then slowly attempting them, and finally completing them. Each day I became stronger, leaner, and this in turn made me feel great which motivated me to continue working out as well as become more active in other areas in my life.
- But you know what comes with working out, healthy eating. I love anything fried and sadly so do my thighs. I’m not suggesting go cold turkey, eat only grass and starve. Try to eat what you love in moderation. You still get to eat what you like without feeling deprived or guilty. Also keep the majority of your food intake all natural. I am not a nutritionist. These tips are methods that I have tried that have worked for me. Turn your healthy foods into your favorite foods. It is possible!
- Get Organized – Lastly, being organized pretty much guarantees that you will achieve any goal that you set for 2017. The way that you chose to be organized can be as simple as writing down your thoughts or you can completely organize everything in your life. It all depends on what you are ready to do and what goals you have in mind. This prevents organization from becoming overwhelming. I would suggest starting by writing down your goals and organizing your thoughts. Then you can decide how organized you want the rest of your life to be, in order to achieve your goals. It helps me to start with a daily schedule. Within the daily schedule I can decide what I need more planning time for and what parts of my day can just go with the flow.
Ultimately we all want to be the best version of ourselves that we can be. Hopefully these tips help you to plan, organize, and become more active in making your dreams a reality.
~Cheers to a happy and healthy New Year!~
- What are your New Year’s Resolutions?