So up until now I have refused to accept that summer was ending but yesterday was 63* I slept with the window open and almost got a cold. What is going on?! The temps are supposed to go up again but I guess this summer is on its way out.
Here are my top 5 things that I am going to miss about this summer.
- Peaches – They are the fruit of the summer and they are so good! So I’m going to buy as many as I can while I still can.
- Daytime TV – The perks of being a teacher 😉 When you have summers off you occasionally get to catch daytime television! I had a small lineup (I’m not a huge watcher of tv) but I will miss it. lol!
- Patio season – Now this one may linger a while longer depending on the place but eating outside is one of the best perks of warmer weather. I love it!
- Evening walks – I love to go for a walk most evenings after dinner. Especially in the summer. It’s so relaxing! This one I will still be able to do in the fall and I may even like fall evening walks better than summer ones. However, I am that person who is always cold whenever it gets a little chiller, so its nice sometimes in the summer to not have to carry a jacket.
- Relaxing – It doesn’t matter where you live or work the summer is more relaxing for everyone. Some people have summers off or choose to take this time off. Even if you can’t there is just something great about warmer weather and longer days. As we get ready to go back to work and school and things get a little more hectic. I think its always important to take a little time to yourself even if its just to watch your favorite show or read your favorite book.
These they are my top 5 of the summer. I’ll still be able to enjoy them for a few more weeks and then I’ll see them next summer.
What are your top 5 summer favorites?
See you Monday!